There are five ways to cut our metal tiles to the size(s) that you need or to make necessary cutouts for outlet covers, etc. You could either:
1. Order custom cut sizes. We can custom cut the tiles to the size(s) and shape(s) that you need. Most of our custom cut tiles can be ordered from our custom cut wall tiles page, which can be accessed by clicking here. If you have cuts that are not pictured, we can cut them if you email or fax us a drawing. You may also mail tiles to us with markings on them showing where they should be cut.
2. Fiberock® backed tiles can be cut with a wet saw using a diamond blade or with the methods described above and below.
3. Cut the tiles with an angle grinder with a metal cut-off blade. You may purchase these items at your local hardware store or visit our accessories web page on our website.
4. Cut the tiles with a bandsaw using a fine toothed metal cutting blade (18 teeth per inch or greater). You may purchase these items at your local hardware store or visit our accessories web page on our website.
5. You may opt to use a Dremel with a cut-off disk. Please note that the cut-off disk will tarnish the perimeter of the cut. You may use a scotch pad to restore the finish or cover it with a piece of trim or a switch plate cover.
SAFETY GLASSES MUST BE WORN WITH ALL CUTTING METHODS. USE CAUTION IN OPERATING ALL POWER TOOLS. AS WITH ALL POWER TOOLS, A CERTAIN LEVEL OF COMPETENCY AND SKILL IS REQUIRED. PLEASE BE SURE TO READ THE MANUFACTURER'S OPERATOR'S MANUAL AND WARNINGS PRIOR TO OPERATION. FAILURE TO FOLLOW THE MANUFACTURER'S INSTRUCTIONS MAY RESULT IN SERIOUS PERSONAL INJURY.
DO NOT ATTEMPT TO CUT OUR TILES USING ANY
OTHER MEANS OTHER THAN THOSE DESCRIBED ABOVE. DO NOT RUN YOUR
FINGERS ALONG THE EDGE OF THE TILE AS IT MAY BE SHARP.
FLOOR TILES, KICKPLATES, THRESHOLDS AND MANY OTHER CUSTOM ITEMS THAT WE MANUFACTURE ARE A THICKER GAUGE MATERIAL AND REQUIRE SPECIAL TOOLING TO CUT THEM. PLEASE CONTACT US PRIOR TO ATTEMPTING TO CUT ANY ITEMS OTHER THAN OUR WALL TILES AS DESCRIBED ABOVE.